The owner bought this boat in 2009
General condition and any additional information
This 2-owner boat with tons of upgrades is the ideal balance of low maintenance and modern economical cruising with few sacrifices on comfort. The very easy to maintain and operate electric start 2 stroke 9.8hp Tohatsu outboard engine with in-cockpit shift and throttle controls, and a high thrust 4 blade symmetrical propeller make this boat simple and easy to handle with nearly none of the usual downfalls of an outboard engine. Custom RDS built USCG certified aluminum 9 gallon fuel tank gives an engine runtime of roughly 12+ hours motoring at 5-6kts (conditions depending), of course thats when you are not sailing!
Great light air performance is ideal for long island sound summers, and a complete sail inventory including symetrical spinnaker setup allows for quick efficient sailing on all points of sail. Current owner has taken boat to countless harbors from Block Island to New York Harbor since purchasing in 2009.
Convertible open v-berth and 6’2” of headroom, she comfortably sleeps 2-4 adults, and a well-insulated ice chest and 2 burner stove ensures hot coffee and scrambled egg breakfasts, are easy while relaxing at anchor.
Two optional extras available (purchased with boat otherwise not for sale) include Magma stern mounted propane grill, 8ft roll up Zodiac / West Marine dinghy, Honda 2 HP four stroke outboard dinghy engine.
Extra gear included
With full asking price I will also include additional $2.5k worth of extras.
• Two folding cockpit seats
• Schaefer SnapFurl 700 roller furler system (brand new, not installed)
• Ronstan Series 25, Jib Lead Car assemblies (brand new, not installed)
Improvements to the hull, deck, rigging, engine, or interior
Far too many upgrades to list them all, but highlights include:
• Like new 2002 Tohatsu 9.8 HP 2 Cyl engine, fully rebuilt in 2015
• Raymarine Autopilot (tiller), connected to chart plotter to allow easy waypoint based steering
• Full LED lighting conversion, red night lighting in main cabin
• Solar battery charging system with MPPT charge controller, 1200w AC Inverter, and complete electrical system upgrade with new custom breaker panel
• Sail inventory includes Neil Pryde Sails performance cut Dacron, 4 batten main and 135% genoa, both 5 yrs old, .5 oz symmetrical spinnaker, hanked on 220% drifter (incredible light air sail), UK 110% Dacron working jib (old), UK Dacron main (old)
• Custom folding bimini top with stainless tubes (uses no tie straps)
• Stereo system with wireless remote
• LED spreader deck lights
• Upgraded custom cabinetry, fully finished brightwork on interior
• Additional storage for aft cabin
• Garmin chart plotter, B and G VHF with AIS receive and wireless command mic
• Clean bottom, sanded and painted annually w/ Pettit Ultima SR-40