The owner bought this boat in 1987
General condition and any additional information
Other items available for sale with this boat:
• Harken Small Boat Furler 483, with hoistable Swivel Assembly 464. $350.
• Roller furling jib, 5 oz. Dacron, Cross cut for HUNTER 23
based on IJPE of 26/8.5/25.7/9.8.
options: visibility window. Built in 2014. $450.
• SmartPlug 30 Amp Dual Configuration Cordset, 25’
(Defender Marine 201907) $125.
Very well maintained with original cruise package and many extra features. Wing keel (800 lb. ballast) with 2-6 draft provides extra stability and allows navigation in shallow water. Beautifully designed and well-maintained cabin, salon and galley; sleeps up to four. Everything you need for an exciting sailing adventure is included!
Includes original sails.
For more details see: https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/hunter-23
• Split back-stay and forward-mounted main traveler creates roomy cockpit
• Boom vang
• Mooring/Dock lines
• Fenders (4)
• Built-in anchor locker on bow
• Anchor with line and chain (~ 60 feet)
• Wench handle
• 8 life jackets
Extra gear included
• Mast-mounted VHF antenna
• AGM Marine 12-volt battery (2014)
• Throwable cushion for overboard rescues
• Hatch exterior covers (teak and smoky plexiglass)
• Hatch screen in painted wooden frame
• Main and Jib sail cover (blue sunbrella)
• Covers for tiller handle, port and starboard wenches (blue sunbrella)
• Swim ladder, stainless (stowable)
• Multiple upgrades for mounting the tiller and motor for trailering.
• Galvanized, welded box-beam construction, single-axle with full size tires
- LED highway lights (brake lights, running lights, signals), and
- hydraulic brakes
• Carpet-covered wooden bumpers secured with galvanized bolts
(reworked in 2016)
• Extendable tongue with 3’ long additional piece
(allows tow vehicle rear wheels to stay out of the water when
launching/loading from shallow-angle ramps)
• Spare tire mounted on trailer frame
Improvements to the hull, deck, rigging, engine, or interior
• “Lazy Jack” sail tender –Custom Designed by Brian Toss;
• Tilt-Up Rudder redesigned with SEA-DOG Auto-Release Rudder Cleat;
• Life lines with Pelican Hooks;
• 110V shore power system;
• Outboard 5 HP Tohatsu Motor (4 stroke) and instruction book
(purchased ~ 2011)
• 3-gallon capacity gas tank (portable) with quick-connect hose
• Retractable, stainless steel engine mount (2011)
• Rudder, white powder-coat
• Tiller, stacked hardwood design, newly varnished
• Exterior teak (refinished 2018)
• Anti-foul bottom paint (2016)