The owner bought this boat in 1999
General condition and any additional information
Purchased used in 1999, stored on trailer for last 15 years, and used on inland lakes (e.g. Winnipesaukee, Champlain), and near shore (e.g. NY Harbor, Boston harbor). The boat title is in hand, and the PA boat registration (valid until 2019), is easily transferable.
The mast raising system uses a block with the mainsheet tackle, plus mast bridles wires, to allow single-handed mast raising and lowering. It takes approximately 1 hour from arrival at a launch until motoring with a fully rigged boat.
The cabin supports overnighting with 2 sleeping comfortably in the forward V-berth, looking through the forward hatch. The rear berth under the cockpit sleeps 2, and a fifth can sleep on a side bench. The front berth has privacy curtains and folds up to house a portable head. The galley includes a cooler that is integrated into one of the benches, a sink, and removable table.
Have a look and plan your summer vacation!
This sailboat is on its trailer in Souderton, Pennsylvania, near an interstate for easy transport. It has only been used for a couple weeks annually, generally on inland lakes. Both boat and trailer were fully inspected July 2014, at which time $5000 worth of professional marina maintenance/upgrades were performed, this in addition to general owner upkeep over life of boat. Purchase includes 2 sails, 1999 Honda 4-stroke 5HP, trailer, and other features listed below. Draft is only 18” with swing centerboard reclined, so it can navigate and dock in shallow water, and 5.5’ draft when swingkeel is down. The boat is about 2000 lbs., plus 1000 lbs. water ballast, and features roller furling, and a new depth sounder. The roomy cockpit can hold 6 adults, is self-bailing, and has an aft swim ladder. This solid lady has given us many adventures. Selling as we’re moving to smaller boats more compatible with reservoirs near home.
• 1999 Honda 4-stroke 5HP outboard motor (Model BP5A, long-shaft) which was purchased new and only used with this boat. The outboard was regularly serviced, with gas run dry for storage in the owner’s home. Water-cooled, and starts on the first pull. Comes with external fuel tank, fuel line, and original manual.
• Factory custom single-axle trailer with side restrainers/guideposts and a manual winch. The trailer bunks were replaced July 2014. Wheel bearings have been replaced/repacked as needed. Trailer brakes have not been maintained—our vehicle was big enough that we didn’t need them, but if you are planning on towing this with a smaller SUV/pickup, you should have them inspected.
• Two sails, Doyle Hild mainsail and jib/genoa, both of which are currently stored flat in an off-site sail loft. Mainsail has one reefing point, and jib can be furled for use as a storm jib. Sails are inspected and cleaned before storage, and are in good condition.
• Roller furling for the jib (CDI model FF2 Flexible Furler, with luff replaced 2014)
• Two anchors (Danforth stored in the bow anchor locker, and a Bruce-style claw under the cockpit)
• 2014 Norcross HawkEye Depth Sounder
• Accessories such as compass, dock lines, fenders, mainsail cover, tiller extension, and MAGMA (model #A10-017) grill for stanchion attachment.